Friday, April 2, 2010

i dream in chocolate



Imagine smooth, creamy, bittersweet dark chocolate, with a dollop of lightly sweetened creme fraiche, and the slightly chewy bits of candied orange peel... or you can check out this recipe for Chocolate-Orange Pots de Creme (a fancy French name for chocolate pudding).

I LOVE dark chocolate and orange together. Whether it's the subtle flecks of candied orange peel in a chocolate bar, natural orange extract in hot chocolate, or in this heavenly dessert, the combination is just amazing.

Ed. 4.10.10: I have to admit that I REALLY do dream of food. I had a dream in which I was planning a dinner party, back home in my family's garden. I even had the menu planned out. 
Anyway...So I finally made this chocolate pots de creme... and it turned out wonderfully. Deep, intense, but not overly sweet chocolate flavor thanks to this really good bittersweet chocolate. And candied orange peel FROM SCRATCH. Real whipped cream, not the kind from the squirt can. My electric mixer is still in storage so I made whipped cream BY HAND. I'm either a crazy baker or just plain desperate. ;-)
But, it was all worth it. I was in chocolate heaven. And best of all, I was wide awake.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...