Monday, May 10, 2010

the hand that rocks the cradle

...is the hand that rules the world." (poem by William Ross Wallace)

I came across this website, Mothers Acting Up. It is an organization that works to mobilize mothers (mothers and any other persons who care for children) to advocate on behalf of the world's children. What a great way to channel the powerful yet nurturing maternal energy towards advocacy and activism!

"We realize that we live in a world that does not prioritize or protect our children's well-being and that this will not change without each of us finding the courage and commitment to speak out on their behalf. By mobilizing our gigantic political strength, we can ensure the health, education, and safety of every child, not just a privileged few. Let us: whisper this to each other; sing it out in the streets; yell it from our rooftops; declare it in our houses of government -- we will protect our children with our personal and political strength, wherever they live on earth!"

- Mothers Acting Up

Wow. That just gave me goosebumps.

Read more about MAU here.

To my mom, my best friend, who taught me to work towards my best self, and to do it with grace, compassion, faith, and generosity. Who taught me to dream, and to dream big... while still keeping family and loved ones front and center. To all my "adoptive" moms here in my second home: thank you for caring for me. For looking out for my safety. For letting me cry on your shoulder. For welcoming me into your homes as mothers do so well. For being my family while I am away from home. THANK YOU. And to all my beautiful mom-friends (you know who you are). You are all AMAZING.

Happy Mother's Day to all women who are mothers, or are acting in a maternal capacity towards children.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...