Tuesday, June 1, 2010

the art of doing nothing

I still have to train myself to enjoy do-nothing days.

The Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, we decided to head over to a vineyard outside of Cleveland. After about an hour's drive from the city, we found ourselves in South River Vineyard, and it was a perfect setting for doing nothing.

The wine-tasting is done in an old church building...




With a purchase of a bottle of wine, you also get a platter of crackers, cheese, and dark chocolate (I preferred the chocolate that I keep in my purse though.)



We decided on a light, but not-too-sweet wine called "Temptation." It was a rose wine "with strawberry and lilac nuances."

I liked the name of this wine:


And there is an outdoor seating area where you can savor wine while enjoying the sunshine...



...gaze at the vineyard and the setting sun, and dream of a life of a vintner.







And do nothing else.


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...