Tuesday, July 20, 2010

absentee blogger



So my blogging has been quite sporadic lately. I realize that there are times when I would rather just savor the moment, and then write about it later.

This summer has been quite a whirlwind. I can't believe we're nearing the end of July. Before we know it, we'll be covered in feet of snow again here in Northern Ohio. But let me erase that thought for now.

Between work, school, and my parents' visit, my yoga practice lately has been nothing more than 3-5 sun salutations, then restorative yin poses for my hips and lower back. My favorite, go-to yoga practice when I'm pressed for time.

My parents have been here the past few weeks. After not having seen my mother in 2 years (GASP!) and my father in 1 year, their visit has been very special. I am fortunate that my parents are healthy and able to travel, and stay with me for a while. It was a welcome change of pace to plan meals and cook for more than one person. It was time for long dinners and after-dinner conversations. It was wonderful.

But, I will be posting another blog entry very soon about something exciting that happened last weekend. Stay tuned!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hindus believe in rebirth, or reincarnation, and in what they call the law of karma. Under this law the conditions of each new lifetime are determined by the actions of the preceding life. To the Hindu, salvation consists of liberating the soul from attachment to worldly desires in order to gain union with Brahman. This is where Meditation comes in, which is important in yoga. Meditation also connotes the word concentration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...