Monday, August 15, 2011

good stuff to think about

Every week, I receive an e-newsletter from life coach Cheryl Richardson. If you would like to subscribe, you can click here. In the meantime, the questions in this week's email really grabbed my attention:

  • If this were my last hour on earth, would I be happy with how I've spent my time today, this week, or this year?
  • Would I feel good about the priorities I'm focused on right now at this point in my life?
  • Do I feel complete and at peace with the people who matter most?
(from Cheryl Richardson)



In such busy times, it's important to step back and regroup every now and then... and act on these questions every possible moment.

With that in mind...

I confess to being an Internet junkie. I love reading food blogs, design blogs, looking at photography... and I know that when I can't sleep at night--which happens often-- blog-surfing has become my habit (I need an intervention for this one.). Much of my work also revolves around being on the computer. A. usually has an earlier bedtime than I do, as he has a more regular, be-at-work-by-9-am kind of job (I won't call it a 9 to 5 job as he certainly works waaay more hours than that). But tonight I had to stay up later for my brother's Skype call from half a world away. So in those 30 minutes of waiting for my Skype call, instead of more Internet surfing or more computer work which I may be inclined to do, I took that opportunity to snuggle with A. as he drifted off to sleep. Sounds simple, I know... but in that moment, I can say that I spent that half hour of my life in the most meaningful way possible.

Interestingly, when I did my first-ever photo exhibit, I named my collection "Every Moment Counts". I guess I used that phrase for a reason. A reminder. That life is too short to eat bad food (yeah I know I had to say that first), say unkind words, or sweat the small stuff. I'm constantly learning about the last one, that's for sure.

Are you content with how you've spent your time today?

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...