Monday, August 20, 2012

redirecting the self-talk

Hindu temple, Ujjain, India | May 2012


"When we judge ourselves, we break our own hearts."


Something I've been thinking about after hearing a yoga teacher talk about this last week... so I'm committing to observe my thinking - whether I'm judging myself or not - for the next few days. Anyone care to join me?

I know it won't be perfect (aaack, judging again... see? Case in point.). I know I'll slip up and find that I'm judging myself. It's so easy to do. But it can be so destructive - the more we judge ourselves, the more we stay in the shadow of negativity and doubt. 

So when it does happen, I'll try to just observe what I'm thinking, rather than judge.

Then I'll let it go.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

We'll see...




Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...