Sunday, February 17, 2008

let love be your guide


It's Sunday again, which means that the dreaded Monday is just a few hours away. Sunday is my designated study day, as I try/attempt/struggle to complete my class requirements and get ready for the week ahead. As you can tell, I'm just in the "attempting" mode, as I'm currently taking a break and obviously, blogging.

Being in my first year of a graduate program, I often find myself see-sawing from one extreme state to another. Some days I think, "What the heck did I get myself into?" and on other days, I can say with conviction that "this is where I'm supposed to be." It all depends....

And then I go back to a quote I scribbled on a Post-It note, which I have conveniently placed in my work area at home:

"Let love be your guide. When you love what you do, the means to do it will be revealed to you." -- Sharon Gannon & David Life, Jivamukti Yoga

I am reminded that yes, this IS where I'm supposed to be. I firmly believe in working with children and families, and I LOVE it. I love the fact that I wake up in the morning and I don't dread going to work. I love the fact that I look forward to seeing the children in my program move beyond their comfort zones to take their first wobbly step, say their first word, or learn to take turns with a peer.

I firmly believe in the fact that change starts with myself, and that if I want to influence changes in the system I have to make changes in myself... and for now that change means going back to school, doing research and the big D (dissertation), and hopefully, hopefully, getting published.

I love what I do. And I firmly believe that the means to do it will be revealed to me....

(as long as I keep reading the research, writing, writing, and writing some more.)

And I don't HAVE to dread Mondays.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...