Tuesday, February 12, 2008

meditation

Breathing in, I am aware of the feeling of joy in myself.

Breathing out, I smile to the feeling of joy that is in myself.

Breathing in, I am aware of the feeling of happiness in myself.

Breathing out, I smile to the feeling of happiness that is in myself.

Breathing in, I am aware of the painful feeling in me.

Breathing out, I release the tension within that painful feeling in me.


(Unfortunately, I forgot where I read this. I found the scrap of paper where I jotted it down, but I didn't write the source. I think it was either from Yoga Journal or Body & Soul magazine.)

Meditation allows me to be as in-the-moment as possible... whether the moment carries joy or pain. As you sit and breathe, allow yourself to feel the way you feel. Even if it can sometimes be scary or unpleasant. Acknowledge it, accept it, then let it go... and allow some room in your mind and heart for peace and light to enter.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...