Sunday, February 10, 2008

"as we think, so we become."


We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world. Speak or act with a pure mind and happiness will follow you as your shadow, unshakeable. - The Dhammapada

I often begin a yoga practice by creating an intention. The power of the mind, intuition, and intention sometimes goes unharnessed.... and so I think, what intention do I want to set for the next hour, as I move, stretch, and breathe?

The options are many... whether it's to stretch and heal a certain body part that's stiff or sore... or to focus on the breath, releasing stress with every exhale... or to listen to your body and be kind to yourself... or to send out positive energy to someone you know (or don't know) who may need some peace or healing.

Whatever it is, I encourage you to be present with yourself in your yoga practice... there is nothing else happening right now except your breath, your movement, and the creation of positive, healing energy through your intention.

I know it makes a tremendous difference in my own practice!

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...