Sunday, January 25, 2009

remedy for work/school burn-out

I haven't written since Thanksgiving!

Here are my excuses – work burn-out, vacation, and my s-l-o-w computer which I need to update badly.

(I actually wrote this entry in early January, but have been unable to post it on cyberspace for some reason...)

December left me pretty burned out. I've never embraced a vacation with more open arms than I did when I left for New Jersey/New York to spend the holidays with my brother and his family.

But, getting there was not without (mis)adventure. It was the 23rd of December, the day freezing rain turned the roads into what seemed like an ice skating rink. We were on our way to the airport when the car we were in slid on ice and turned 360 about 2 or 3 times, and we ended up on this grassy field next to the road. Thankfully we didn't crash into anything and no one was hurt. The one driving us was so calm -- he just resumed driving, and we arrived at the airport with time to spare. Had I been the one driving, I would have been in a cold sweat, knees shaking, with no desire to drive for the next several days.

Flight delays and all, I did finally arrive, and was greeted by my adorable nephews (who are 8 and 6). I finally met my 4-month-old niece who, during the course of my vacation, was always held and carried by me or another uncle or aunt. (Felt sorry for my niece's mom afterwards, since she kept fussing and wanting to be carried the whole week after I left).

Babies are amazing... they are such a great reminder of everything beautiful and joyful and peaceful. In March 2008 my grandmother passed, but my family was blessed with 2 new nieces - one born in August, the next one born in September. And that's how life is.

Babies are so.... ZEN.
I love this moment with my niece... she found her hands!

Needless to say, this was such a refreshing vacation, with the right combination of action and down-time, which as you can tell, mostly consisted of time watching, adoring, and holding my new niece.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...