Saturday, January 28, 2012

kitchen therapy

There's something so incredibly peaceful about simple, old-fashioned ways of doing things. This video of making homemade pesto (sans food processor or any other electronic kitchen equipment) is a great example of that. I love how the videographer just focused on her hands the whole time - emphasizing the grace, gentleness, and intentionality of her movements. Listening to the music and watching the movement of her hands was stress-relieving enough for me -- mirroring my own tendencies to keep my hands busy when I'm nervous or anxious.


Classic Pesto from Kinfolk on Vimeo.


Here's to a peaceful, restful winter weekend.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Anne said...

thanks for sharing this video mia! i know it's a recipe video but the music, the shots, calmed me down :-) and i didn't realize making pesto is so easy!

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

My sentiments exactly, Anne! Though I've never made pesto this way - I've always used a food processor :) But yes the video has such a calming effect, doesn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...