Sunday, October 28, 2007

"me" time


I love Sunday mornings. It's my "do whatever I want to do" time, because it's not officially Monday yet (for me, the transition to Monday happens at 4 pm on Sunday).

One of the things that fall under "do whatever I want to do" is a long walk. This morning, I made my walk a moving meditation. It was such a perfect day. Sixty-some degrees, clear blue skies, sunny, cool, crisp morning air. Aaaaah. I told myself, "Be present". And as I walked, I focused my awareness on the air entering my body as I inhaled, and leaving my body as I exhaled... I paid attention to my steps on the pavement and the sound of leaves under my feet. I said some prayers. I paid attention to the trees along the way, some in transition towards autumn, but not quite there yet. I basked in the warm sunlight and the cool breeze on my face.

Needless to say, I was deliriously happy and walked with a spring in my step.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...