Saturday, April 4, 2009

evolving

I started this blog a couple of years ago with the intention of being more yoga-focused. I had initially visualized it to have posts on yoga asanas and sequences and such. Over time, it has become more like a journal of sorts, about many other facets of life - random thoughts on wellness (or should I say attempts towards wellness), art, photography, family, spirituality, work... and so forth.

I think yoga tends to bleed into all these other facets, whether or not it is a conscious act. To me, yoga is not simply about meeting a certain quota of doing 10 sun salutations a day or this many repetitions of this pose or that pose. That's great too, but in reality my thoughts on yoga spill over and move beyond the mat, blurring the boundaries between the so-called "categories" in life. Because what good is yoga if it doesn't inspire me or influence me to be mindful of the choices I make every day?

So, if you've stumbled upon this blog expecting to find more yoga, in the form of the physical practice (which is only 1/8 of yoga philosophy), I have to say that you probably won't find a whole lot of that here. But I invite you to read on, perhaps just a few entries. You might find something you were not expecting, but it could be something you didn't know you were looking for.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...