Saturday, April 25, 2009

finally, a breather...

My down-time moments don't last very long. So when they come, I savor them.

My past 2 weeks felt a bit like the "Amazing Race".
April 10-13: New Jersey, to see my dad, brother, sister-in-law, and their 3 kids.
April 13: fly to Columbus.
April 14: drive 2 1/2 hours from Columbus to Kent, OH, for a meeting from 1-3 pm, then drive 4 hours back to Cincinnati to make it in time for my class at 7 pm.
April 15-16: back to work.
April 17-19: Asheville, NC.
April 20: back to work.

Whew!

I'm not complaining through. I loved my weekend trips. I had some nice quality time with my family last Easter weekend... it was not a high-action trip; not rushed, not scheduled. It was exactly what I wanted.

My Asheville weekend was a wonderful solo road trip. I had heard lots of great things about the city, with its mix of the outdoors and a vibrant, pedestrian-friendly downtown with local restaurants and a thriving art scene.



So I made plans to go - me, my car, my GPS, my camera. The 6-hour drive was pleasant, especially since I had checked out some audiobooks from the public library, for the long drive. I stayed at a cozy, family-owned bed-and-breakfast in a quiet residential area less than a mile from downtown.



I enjoyed every minute. It was the perfect opportunity to clear my head for some big decisions coming up. It was exactly the kind of trip I needed.

Still, travelling can take its toll... I've been back for a week and I STILL have to clean my apartment, do laundry, store my winter clothes, etc etc...

After all that... it's time for some grounding. Yoga is great for that.

More to come on my Asheville trip... but until then, it's time for some Zen in my life. 


I thought this was a Zen-like photo...
taken from the North Carolina Arboretum.
To see it on my pbase website, click here.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...