Thursday, April 2, 2009

kids say the darndest things...

Photo taken at the children's area of the Cincinnati Museum Center

I had a semi-serious yet funny conversation with my nephew Martin last night.

Martin:
"What's the hardest thing someone can ever do?"

Me:
"I don't know Martin, it depends... it's different for every person."

Martin:
"Is childbirth the hardest thing a woman can ever do?"

Me:
"I don't know for sure, because I haven't experienced it... but I've heard some women say that it is."

Martin:
"I know what's the hardest thing YOU could ever do."

Me:
"Really? What's that?"

Martin:
"Eat meat!"

I still laugh now as I remember it.

On another occasion, he asked me, with very obvious concern in his voice: "You don't eat meat?! But Tita Mia, where do you get your protein???"

And by the way, he's only 8 years old.

*****



My wish for my nephews and nieces, and all children...


May you never lose your sense of wonder.


May you never lose your sense of possibility.


May you always carry joy in your heart, even if you have to face the hardest thing you could ever do... knowing that you are, and always will be, beloved.


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...